Post Treatment Care – Fillers
Thank you for choosing Gangnam Laser Clinic to undergo your dermal filler treatment. We trust you are happy with the results.
Below are some ways you can care for your skin after the filler injection:
Immediately After Treatment
- Redness and swelling are normal. Bruising may also be visible.
- You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days.
- Depending upon the area(s) treated and product(s) used, you may feel “firmness” in the treated area(s) for 1 to 2 weeks after treatment. Over time, the area(s) will soften and “settle”.
- Apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
- Once you have adequately cooled/iced the area(s) as instructed and any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site(s) has subsided, you may begin wearing makeup.
- Avoid placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few hours and up to 2 to 3 days; when cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- You may take aspirin/paracetamol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- Avoid extended sun exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
- Inform your doctor of the date of your dermal filler treatment if you intend to undergo any laser/aesthetic treatments in the following 2 weeks
- Bruising is common and will generally fade in 5 to 14 days
See a doctor immediately if:
- You experience any change in your vision immediately after the filler injection
- There is persistent redness or worsening pain over the treated area
- There is crusting/skin breakdown adjacent to the treated area