Our teenage years leave us with a trail of memories from our childhood years. They may also leave behind a permanent mark – acne scars. After finishing multiple tubes of over-the-counter remedies, some may begin to lose hope that these acne scars would actually fade.
Acne scars treatment may affect us more than just on the superficial level. Self-esteem levels may dive due to the severity of acne scars some may face. Gangnam Laser Clinic offers a wide variety of treatments to reduce acne scarring. Our treatments tend to be straightforward, quick, and minimally-invasive. There is little to no downtime and results may be seen after a few sessions.
Types of acne
Acne does not only appear during our puberty years but also throughout our adulthood. There are many types of acne and different treatments are used to target them.
Acne can be split into 6 different categories:
- Whiteheads: Closed pores that are clogged by sebum and dead skin cells. Appearance-wise, it is a small raised bump.
- Blackheads: Open pores that are clogged by a combination of dead skin cells and sebum. The impurities in the clogged pores oxidize, resulting in black colored spots seen on the surface of your skin.
- Papules: Papules usually appear to be pink and are sensitive to the touch. They are hard, clogged pores that occur when your pores break down from severe inflammation.
- Pustules: Pustules are raised bumps that are red and have yellow or whiteheads on the top. They are usually filled with pus.
- Nodules: Usually deep within the skin and are difficult to treat with home remedies. Professional help is usually sought for such acne. They are caused by clogged and swollen pores that continue to grow due to irritation.
- Cysts: Large red or white bumps that are painful to the touch. They are the largest forms of acne and tend to lead to scarring. They are formed when pores are clogged with bacteria, sebum, and dead skin cells.
The types of acne mentioned above would need specific and customised treatment protocols to treat them. Drop by for a consultation with our doctor for a general skin assessment on your acne and we will be able to provide a more comprehensive solution to your skincare problems.
Types of treatments
To combat your skincare issues, we have a wide range of aesthetic treatments to help eradicate your problems. Seeking professional help for acne treatment in Singapore is becoming increasingly common and popular.
Here are some of our treatment methods:
Injections that contain steroids are injected into the acne to help reduce inflammation. This helps to speed up the healing process and decrease the chances of scarring. This is one of the straightforward methods that we offer but the results may vary for each individual.
Many of us seek professional help from dermatologists and will be prescribed oral medication. These medications include antibiotics and isotretinoin – they come in the form of oral pills and will help to boost the immune system and increase the body’s natural healing ability. This treatment method is suited for individuals with moderate to serious acne conditions such as cystic acne.
This method targets the upper layer of the skin. Mild Glycolic Acid is applied onto the skin, leaving the chemicals to penetrate the epidermis and exfoliate the skin. A slight stinging sensation may be felt upon removal of the chemical peel. This process helps to lighten pigmentation, mild acne, and improve overall skin texture.
Blue LED Photo Dynamic Therapy (PDT)
During this treatment, blue light with a unique wavelength of 408nm will be shone onto your skin. This blue LED light therapy is painless and non-invasive. It is able to target acne that is lodged under your epidermis and the light emitted from this procedure destroys acne-causing bacteria. It is a long-term maintenance treatment that requires monthly sessions. This is a longer method as compared to the other treatments but it has been proven to be effective and safe.
We strongly advise you to schedule an appointment with our experienced and dedicated doctors to get a comprehensive understanding of which treatment methods are suited for you.