Acne treatment in Singapore using lasers
Achieve the glowing and confidence-building complexion you deserve by removing your acne blemishes with our customized laser treatments!
Before learning about acne laser treatment, it is essential to understand the condition in more detail and the causing factors involved.
What is acne, and what causes acne?
Acne is a common skin condition known as acne vulgaris. It is a long-term skin condition that may occur when the hair follicles clog with dead skin cells and oil from the sebaceous glands in the skin. It is most likely to appear at the time of puberty.
Causes of Acne:
Acne causes pimples mainly on the face, forehead, chest, shoulder, and upper back. In addition, bacteria may trigger infection and inflammation resulting in more severe acne.
There are a variety of causes, including genetics, fluctuating hormone levels, stress, high humidity, and using oily or greasy personal care products. However, the leading cause of acne includes excess oil production on your skin, clogged pores, bacteria, and dead skin cells.
However, there are some other surprising triggers for acne breakouts, including dehydrated skin. Acne is not dangerous, but it will lead to long-term scarring and facial disfigurement.
Types of Acne:
- Cystic Acne
The acne stages include mild, moderate, moderate to severe and severe acne.
State 1: Mild Acne
It is little concentration pimples that occur on your face; it will not cause any inflammations on your skin and doesn’t occur daily.
Stage 2: Moderate Acne
This type of acne will occur on your face more commonly and cause some inflammations or redness on the affected part of your skin. Moderate acne includes blemishes, blackheads, bumps on your skin.
Stage 3: Moderate to Severe Acne
In this moderate to severe acne stage, your acne is inflamed with some irritation and may cause reddishness. This stage of acne may include cyst, papule, and nodule.
Stage 4: Severe Acne
Acne will occur more and is extremely painful in this severe acne stage. This severe acne stage includes numerous pustules, papules, cysts, and nodules in the affected area or on various body parts.
Does laser treatment reduce my acne?
Lasers and other light treatments can reduce your acne. However, rarely these treatments alone can clear acne. Our doctor will recommend using another acne treatment depending on your acne condition, such as medicine that you apply to your skin, to give you the best results. Results vary from person to person. During laser acne therapy periods, we use medical-grade lasers for evident reasons.
Which is better, laser or microdermabrasion for acne?
- Microdermabrasion is an effective form of exfoliation that will leave your skin looking brighter as well as healthier.
- Laser energy removes the damage on the top layer of skin, but this is also powerful to penetrate into the deep dermal layer of your skin where severe damage resides.
- Laser treatments will remove scars and pigmentation by heating hemoglobin in the blood in capillaries beneath the skin.
Which is the best laser to treat cystic acne?
- ND: YAG and the CO2 lasers are the most frequently used lasers that health practitioners choose concerning the type and severity of the scarred tissues and skin itself.
- ND: YAG 1064nm laser is an infra-red laser; it provides flexibility in treatment due to longer wavelength, penetrating deep within the skin, ultimately allowing doctors to safely treat mild to mild, severe cystic acne on all skin types.
How do the laser treatments work to reduce acne?
The laser, which consists of powerful photothermal energy, will target the root cause of acne in the sebaceous glands and stimulate collagen regeneration and remodeling to decrease and minimize the appearance of acne scars. Hence, the Laser acne treatment in Singapore will dramatically improve your acne and give you healthy, clearer skin.
Tips to minimize acne:
Avoid touching your face and popping pimples.
- Wash your face using a facial cleanser at least twice a day.
- Eat lesser carbohydrates such as sugar, which may reduce the condition.
- Apply retinoids and antibiotics to your skin that are available in formulations and taken by mouth for the treatment of acne.
- Retinoid creams and lotions can also help to clear your skin and lessen wrinkles.
- Acids such as azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and salicylic acid are commonly used.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), such as glycolic acid and lactic acid, are the active ingredients in acne products. These acids may treat acne by helping to remove dead skin cells and reduce inflammation.