Pico Laser is a ND:YAG laser which removes pigmentation of various colours without damaging surrounding skin tissue. What sets it apart from other ND:YAG lasers is that it is able to destroy pigments effectively and quickly, within a picosecond.
1. What is the difference between nanosecond lasers and picosecond lasers?
A picosecond laser has pulse duration 1000 times shorter than nanosecond lasers. Typical pulse durations for nanosecond lasers are between 5 to 30 nanoseconds while Picosecond lasers have pulse durations ranging from 375 to 750 picoseconds. 1 picosecond is a trillionth of a second. Because of their shorter pulse intervals, Picosecond lasers also give an added photo-acoustic effect that helps to break down pigmentation and rejuvenate skin.
2. Am I a suitable candidate?
The Pico Laser addresses multiple skin concerns. It focuses mainly on reducing the appearance of stubborn pigmentation such as PIH, melasma, freckles, age spots and even unwanted tattoos. It can also be used to treat acne scars (hypertrophic, atrophic) and enlarged pores, leaving the skin looking and feeling all rejuvenated.
3. What are the advantages of Pico Laser?
- FDA-approved treatment
- Minimal downtime and discomfort
- Suitable for all skin types
4. Is it painful?
As the Pico Laser emits stronger beams in a picosecond, fewer shots will be required, ultimately resulting in lesser discomfort for patients. Our clinic assistants can also provide and apply a layer of numbing cream upon request.
5. Is there any downtime?
There will be minimal downtime with a slight tinge of pink and/or swelling, which will gradually subside within 1-3 days.
6. When can the effects be seen and what is the treatment frequency?
Improvements may be noticed after 1-2 treatments, subjected to individual’s skin type and condition. Depending on the condition being treated, individuals may be required to come back for their following treatment once every 2-4 weeks.
7. Anything to take note of after treatment?
- Avoid sun exposure at least for the remaining of the day
- Normal daily activities may be resumed but do avoid activities that may stimulate facial heating (exercising, sauna, etc)
- Always apply sunblock whenever leaving home
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PICO LASER, CONTACT US AT 65368393 (RAFFLES PLACE) OR 62753381 (HARBOURFRONT)