Post Treatment Care – BTX
Thank you for choosing Gangnam Laser Clinic to undergo your cosmetic Botulinum Toxin treatment. We trust you are happy with the results.
Below are some ways you can care for your skin after the Botulinum Toxin injection:
Immediately After Botulinum Toxin Treatment
- Mild redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
- You may experience some tenderness at the Botulinum Toxin treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days. You may have bruises in the areas treated.
After Botulinum Toxin Treatment Instructions
- It is best to try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after Botulinum Toxin treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows, and squinting). This helps to work Botulinum Toxin into your muscles.
- Stay in a vertical position for four hours following Botulinum Toxin injection. DO NOT “rest your head” or lie down; sit upright.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
- Once you have adequately cooled/iced the area(s) as instructed and any pinpoint bleeding from the Botulinum Toxin injection site(s) has subsided, you may begin wearing makeup.
- AVOID placing excessive pressure on the Botulinum Toxin treated area(s) for the first few days; when cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle.
- AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the Botulinum Toxin treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- AVOID alcohol consumption for 24 hours post-Botulinum Toxin injection
- You may take aspirin/paracetamol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- AVOID extended sun exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours (or as directed by your provider) after Botulinum Toxin before receiving any skin care or laser