Previously, we published a beginner’s guide to Carbon Laser treatments, this time we will dive into the world of this popular treatment and tell you all about it.
To refresh your memory, a Carbon Peel treatment consists of a two-step procedure that addresses different skin issues and concerns, the common skin problems that everyone deals with at least once in their lifetime. There is an increase in demand for Carbon Peel treatments mainly due to its results and other benefits that we will be elaborating below.
The Carbon Peel Laser Process
• Step1: A carbon lotion is applied to the skin, completely covering all the area that needs to be treated. Thereafter, the doctor will proceed to pass a laser over the skin which emits a 1060 nm wavelength. The laser can reach the deep dermis layer of the skin, focusing on fine lines and wrinkles. The laser energy creates a controlled thermal stimulus that causes a chain reaction as well as reshaping and sculpting any sagging skin. During this step, enlarged pores are minimized, to create a smooth skin texture.
• Step 2: The second step consists of removing the carbon with a pulsed laser. It breaks up the carbon lotion into tiny particles and removes it along with any dead skin cells and impurities that were embedded in the pores, leaving the skin looking bright and evenly toned.
Reasons why you should do Carbon Peel Laser
For starters, the Carbon Peel treatment is a lunchtime treatment that takes no longer than 30 minutes. With regular treatments, improvements can be seen. It is also painless and non-invasive. Some individuals may experience mild side effects such as slight redness on the treated areas but it generally subsides within a day or two. You may continue with your daily activities on the same day. A hydrating moisturizer or even Aloe Vera gel is a good option for post-treatment care.
Compared to other laser peel treatments, Carbon Peel is recommended for individuals with sensitive skin, since it’s less aggressive on the skin.
To know if you are a good candidate for a Carbon Peel treatment, you should first look at its benefits.
• Skin hygiene: The main benefit of Carbon Laser is skin hygiene. The laser energy emitted exfoliates and removes any impurities that are clogged in the pores, giving you clean and healthy skin.
•Rejuvenation and skin brightening: The carbon particles reach into the deep layers of the skin, stimulating the new production of elastin and collagen. Thanks to this, the skin looks smooth and luminous, improving the overall texture of the skin. So, if you are at the age whereby you begin to notice signs of aging like fine lines or dry skin, then you may be a good candidate for Carbon Peel Laser.
• Exfoliation: The carbon acts as a target for the laser. Its components after they are activated by the laser radiation, remove layers of dead cells from the surface producing an exfoliation. This results in even skin texture and it also makes it easier for other actives or skincare products to penetrate the skin. This laser treatment is an alternative for those with oily skin.
• Anti-acne: The thermal effect produced on the skin, and the laser combined with the active carbon significantly reduces the activity of bacteria that produces acne and inflammation. Apart from unclogged pores, one may also notice the reduction of acne breakouts and acne scars.
•The results: Results can be seen as early as after the first session, however, for optimal results, you will need between 3-6 sessions over a period of time. To maintain results, individuals can opt to return for monthly laser sessions. We recommend to include laser treatments into your monthly skin routine to ensure that the skin stays radiant and clear for many years to come.